Wednesday, August 11, 2010

As Fate Would Have It, Good Days Tend to Go South Early

It's been a while since my last update. I got my visa without much fanfare, nonetheless, I still got it. The visa is single-entry whereupon I will have to get to Korea and apply for an Alien Residency Card (ARC) with school. The transition of getting ready for Daegu should've been smooth. However, last week I had my life literally turned upside-down, forcing a test that would stretch my sanity. I was in the hospital for a week, but more than anything else, the question remained; "Would I still make it to Korea?" Doctors wondered how I could enter one painful procedure after another without much argument, but if they only knew how much going to Korea meant to me--I would probably suffer one more day just to know that I can be assured a flight out of San Francisco and into the Land of the Morning Calm.

In the end, and without pouring details here, the short answer by the end of the week is "YES!" However, I'm still not convinced with my own optimism as shitty things always seem to always linger near or with me. So once I arrive in Korea and pass my physical examination at Jeonju University, I can breathe a short sigh of relief...until the next f-ing hurdle is thrown at me. Life has already given me its share of surprises, both good and bad. I wonder what's next. Well, for starters, I sadly had to downgrade from the JoongAng Seoul Marathon in November to the 10K--but even then, the 10K is probably a marathon for me right now so I'll be ecstatic if I can complete it comfortably! But I probably shouldn't ponder too much or else life will just be a waiting game of fears.

1 comment:

  1. Adrian-
    Glad to hear that you are on your way. I am sorry to hear about your ailment (I inferred by reading some of the other comments on FB). I don't know exactly what's going on, so I look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete